CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

AdoorABLE!!!

I was really disappointed when Christmas came around when I made my wreath and it wouldn't fit on the door. Why? Because the space between the door and the screen door is too narrow. So I had to think of something that would be the perfect accent for my door! So I got crafty and did this:
 
 I LOVE it!!! I have had the materials for a while, but have not had the time to sit down and focus on it...until today!
 
This project was pretty simple! It took a bit of time and patience, but when it comes down to it, anyone can do it!
 
So here is what I did:
 
 
I got this little gem from Hobby Lobby along with a roll of jute for about $5. I have seen other people use the cardboard letters (also available at Hobby Lobby) but I love the simplicity of the thin letter so I chose this one. Either one will do the job!
 
Then I got my materials ready:
Handy dandy hot glue gun, the role of jute, and a pair of fabric scissors.
 
Then I started gluing:
I glued the edges first before I started wrapping it around the letter.
 
This is the part that takes a lot of patience...not because it's hard...it just takes a bit of time. Be ready to use a LOT of glue on this project. I used a small glue gun with the small glue sticks and I probably went through about 10 sticks (I also used a bit too much glue in some areas but you can't tell!) I was pretty surprised by the amount of glue I used so I wanted to make sure I let everyone know to have plenty!
 

 I was pretty pleased when it was all wrapped. Mainly because I was done and I actually got the jute on straight!! GO me! (I'm telling you...if I can do it...you can do it!)
 
Then I added the little accents! I used some left over fabric to make my flowers. They were pretty simple to make. Look at this great tutorial if you are not familiar with making fabric flowers. I  glued some grossgrain ribbon to hold it on the door and voile:
 
You have your masterpiece!
 
I love getting my craft on! What's your latest creation?
 
XOXO,
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment